During the first year of the StatML CDT I conducted reasearch in the form of two separate mini-projects under the supervision of Thomas Nichols, Habib Ganjgahi and Chris Holmes. As I am now officially starting my PhD in the field of Bayesian statistics, machine learning and neuroimaging, I will be focusing on extending the mini-projects I have worked on in the previous year.
- Title: Scalable Bayesian Spatial Model for Lesion Mapping of Multiple Sclerosis
- Research Areas: Bayesian Approximate Learning, EM Algorithm, Spatial Statistics, Longitudinal Data, Regression Modelling, Multiple Sclerosis
- Title: Scalar-on-image Regression Modelling for Brain Age Prediction with Application to the UK Biobank
- Research Areas: Multi-View Learning, Nonparametric Bayesian Statistics, Factor Analysis, Bayesian Approximate Learning, EM Algorithm, Scalable Gaussian Processes, Brain Age Prediction
Current PhD Project
- Title: Bayesian Lesion Estimation with a Structured Spike-and-Slab Prior (BLESS)
- Research Areas: Variational Inference, Spatial Statistics, Bayesian Regression Modelling, Spike-and-Slab, Variable Selection, Brain Lesion Mapping, High-dimensional Data, UK Biobank Application